Show me the rulebook

I'm supposed to say something cute here, aren't I?

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My day at the library


Went to the library today. It's a shame that the word library never caught on as a verb like Google. "Let's 'library' it" just doesn't sound as good as "Let's 'Google' it". So, in result, the library is now a forgotten option in our search for information. In Atlanta, Margaret Mitchell was the last person to hold a library card, so it seems, and the rarest book to be found is a first edition of The Hardy Boys "The Tower Treasure".


Ok, I was kidding about the Hardy Boys. I went to the library to look up some county tax/neighborhood/ownership records. Information overload. And I'm an information geek. I found the original hard copy proposal for a mass transit system in Atlanta and the metro area. It was from 1961, very futuristic and well done. Safe to say what we have now for a transit system is a far, far cry from what was originally proposed. If only they had Google back then. So it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home